If you or a loved one are experiencing medical symptoms or conditions, you want to find treatment fast. This can include visiting an emergency room or an urgent care center. But how do you know which is the right choice?
At Holy Cross Urgent Care, we’re dedicated to helping receive quality care, close to home! Let us fill you in on some of the common reasons for visiting an urgent care center. And we’ll also share some of the signs that will let you know it’s time to head to the ER.
Seeking Urgent Care? Here’s How We Can Help
At Holy Cross Urgent Care, we care about your health. We treat patients as young as three months of age, and our team is filled with kind and compassionate staff devoted to making you and your loved ones feel well again. Cuts, coughs, or fever bringing you down? We can help you get treatment fast. Here are some of the symptoms and conditions we specialize in.
- Severe Sore Throat: A sore throat can be miserable, especially if it lingers and costs you valuable sleep. But we can quickly diagnose and treat your sore throat to help you find relief.
- Cuts: Accidents happen. If you’ve got a cut that your medicine cabinet can’t handle, our providers are trained to examine the wound and apply stitches if needed.
- Cold or Flu Symptoms: When your temperature is running high, or if you just feel yucky, it’s often a sign that your body is fighting off an infection. Once our staff has diagnosed the illness, they can recommend treatment to get you on your feet again.
- Minor Broken Bones, Fractures, and Sprains: Any of these can be agonizing. But it isn’t always easy to tell which one is affecting you. Holy Cross Urgent Care can X-ray your injury, diagnose the problem, and help you heal faster.
- Ear Issues: Problems affecting the ear are often irritating or downright painful. Some of the more common culprits are fluid behind the eardrum, wax buildup, and infection. Once the problem is diagnosed, a provider can recommend effective treatment.
- Skin Problems and Rashes: Itching, scratching, burning—skin issues can cause all kinds of discomfort. Whether it’s an allergic reaction, infection, bite, or sting, our providers are trained to handle a variety of skin problems.
- Vomiting and Diarrhea: Everyone experiences a stomach bug at some point. But if you experience severe vomiting and/or diarrhea issues, it can be a sign of a stomach virus or food poisoning. Our staff can give you an evaluation to see what the underlying problem is. Depending on the diagnosis, prescription medications or IV fluids may be the next step.
How to Know It’s Time to go to the ER
Our medical staff is trained to treat a wide range of medical issues. But, there are some problems we aren’t equipped to handle. In these cases, it’s best to call 911 or head to the emergency room.
- Seizure or Loss of Consciousness
- Vision Loss
- Chest Pain or Tightness
- Severe Abdominal Pain
- Sudden Paralysis or Slurred Speech
- Uncontrolled Bleeding
When You Know You Need Urgent Care
We know that accidents and illnesses tend to follow their own schedule. That’s why we’re open seven days a week treating patients in the Fort Lauderdale and Cora Springs, FL, area. Call our clinics for more information. If you think you may hav COVID-19 or would like to get tested to be safe visit our location near Fort Lauderdale for rapid COVID-19 testing. You can also check-in online beforehand or schedule virtual visit. When you need medical help fast, we’re here for you.